The inauguration will be witnessed by Climate and Energy Minister Lykke Friis and around 400 invited guests, including neighbours, landowners, suppliers and authorities.
- 09.30 The guests arrive
- 10.00 Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II arrives
- 10.45 Official opening of the Great Belt Power Link by Queen Margrethe
- 11.00 Speeches by Lykke Friis, Climate and Energy Minister, and Niels Fog, Supervisory Board chairman, Energinet.dk
- 11.30 Entertainment followed by lunch
- 13.00 Invited guests have the chance of a guided tour of the converter substation
- 14.30 Conclusion
The Great Belt Power Link, which connects Eastern and Western Denmark elec-trically, is presently conducting a two-month trial operation. The Link will be put into commercial operation on 20 August 2010.
The official inauguration will take place on Tuesday, 7 September 2010 from 9.30 to 14.30 at the converter substation in Herslev, Syvbækvej 7A, DK-4270 Høng. The press is welcome.
The Great Belt Power Link consists of two converter substations (one in Fraugde in Funen and one in Herslev in Zealand), two land cable systems covering a total of 26 km, and a 32 km submarine cable system consisting of a 400 kV DC cable, a 20 kV return cable and fibre-optic cables.
One of the benefits of the Great Belt Power Link is that it will facilitate the inte-gration of increasing amounts of wind energy into the power system and in-crease competition in the electricity market.
About the inauguration: Media Relations Manager Connie Dyrløv, Energinet.dk, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +45 2333 8850
About the Great Belt Power Link: Project Manager Jens Peter Kjærgaard, email@example.com, tel.: +45 2333 8530